According to a recent report published by Resonance Consultancy, a global tourism advisor, Tampa is #98 in a top 100 list of best cities in the world.1 Resonance’s research partner Ipsos surveyed over 1,000 people across the U.S. in 2018 to discover what factors about a city contribute to its vibrancy and livability, coming up with the following:
- Housing affordability and job opportunities
- Quality of the natural and built environments
- Quality of key institutions, attractions and infrastructure
- Diversity of people
- Promotion via stories, references and recommendations shared online
- Economic prosperity
- Quality of the arts, culture, restaurants and nightlife
Aggregating data about the city as well as reviews from platforms like TripAdvisor and Instagram, Tampa scored pretty high on all of them!
And it’s no surprise, with further infrastructure investment and business expansions on the horizon. Brightline is entering into a partnership with Virgin Group to make plans for a new train line system between Tampa and Orlando, which, when completed, would service 413 million trips annually.2
Capital Investment Advisors, a financial advisory and portfolio management firm worth $2.3 billion dollars, is fully committed to Tampa and is preparing to spread its footprint across the Bay area.3
Prosperity in Tampa only makes the weather seem better – I predict we’ll be climbing a few slots upward on that “Best Cities in the World” List every year!
1) Sunderland, Kelsey. “Tampa Ranked by Resonance as One of the Top 100 Cities in the World.” Bizjournals.com, The Business Journals, www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2018/11/16/tampa-ranked-by-resonance-as-one-of-the-top-100.html.
2) Brezina-Smith, Veronica. “Brightline’s Deal with Virgin Group Unveils Tampa Expansion Cost, Ticket Price and More.” Bizjournals.com, The Business Journals, www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2018/11/19/brightlines-deal-with-virgin-group-unveils-tampa.html.
3) Owens, Crystal. “Billion-Dollar Investment Firm Expands Footprint in Tampa Bay Area.” Bizjournals.com, The Business Journals, www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2018/11/16/billon-dollar-investment-firm-expands-footprint-in.html.