View photo gallery (5 photos)
- Evos: Not your average meat and potatoes
- St. Pete tech firm bought by private equity group
- Photoblog: 800 fete the 2012 Book of Lists at ice-themed party
- Results Weight Loss seeks assignment for benefit of creditors
- Best Buy Mobile tests waters in Tampa Bay
TAMPA — Christopher Palumbo has cut the fat and added muscle to his new weight loss and wellness business in the Tampa Bay area.
Palumbo’s BalanceDiet Inc., with roots in South Florida, bought Results Weight Loss Inc. in Tampa in January and has since trimmed overhead, rebranded the former Results stores as BalanceDiet centers, and partnered with fast casual restaurant chain Evos in a search for new locations.
Palumbo added a business heavyweight to the BalanceDiet board of directors – Irv Cohen, former president of JPMorgan Treasury Technologies in Tampa. Cohen, also a shareholder at BalanceDiet, and Palumbo are making …
Margie Manning’s beats include health care, banking and technology.