Clearwater Veteran’s Appreciation Day, held on November 7th at Bright House Networks Field in Clearwater, is the largest Veterans Day Celebration in not only the Bay Area, but all of West Central Florida. The event is free tribute to veterans past and present, and has tripled in size since its inception just 3 years ago…with a predicted 8,000 to be in attendance this year.
Gates open at 2 p.m. and the program will run from 3-6 p.m.
Special Recognition of:
- First Responders including honor guards from sheriff, police and fire departments;
- Wounded Warriors from the James A. Haley and Bay Pines Veterans’ hospitals; and
- The U.S. Coast Guard, including a special appearance by their Silent Drill Team from Washington D.C.
Key Highlights of the event include:
- Marine Corps Brig. Gen. Ronald Baczkowski will issue the oath of allegiance to an anticipated 200 young men and women enlisting in the armed forces;
- The U.S. Navy Marching Band will perform;
- U.S. Special Operations Command paratroopers will parachute in carrying the National Standard and POW/MIA flags;
- Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast will sing patriotic songs; and
- The Coast Guard will provide multiple flyovers.
For more information about the event visit www.cvad.org
The Clearwater Veterans Alliance, CVA, is a non-profit organization developed to provide the citizens of Clearwater and surrounding Pinellas County communities an opportunity to show their appreciation to the veterans of the United States military services. The CVA organizes activities throughout the year; their main event being their annual Clearwater Veterans Appreciation Day where the community joins together with its elected local and state officials to honor all veterans of the Armed Forces. Visitwww.cvad.org