The Sunscreen Film Festival and PUSH Ultra Lounge will hold Casino Night on Thursday, August 18th to raise money to support the 2012 Sunscreen Film Festival, being held in April.
- Event to be held at PUSH Ultra Lounge, Thursday, August 18th beginning at 6:30 p.m. (128 3rd Street South, Downtown St. Petersburg)
$10 admission fee
- Attendees receive a free drink; $100 worth of chips for Poker, Black Jack, Roulette and Craps; and Snacks
- Screening of the original Ocean’s 11 at 8:30pm (starring Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr.)
- 1960’s costume contest
- The Sunscreen Film Festival will also start accepting submissions for the 2012 festival on Thursday, August 18th. Filmmakers who submit their films on Casino Night will have the film submission fee waived.
- All proceeds will benefit the Sunscreen Film Festival and Sunscreen’s on-going educational programs.
The event is sponsored by:
- Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP, is the largest full service law firm in Pinellas County, founded over 30 years ago.
- Skinspirations, owned by Board Certified Dr. Cynthia Elliot, specializes exclusively in aesthetic treatments for the face and body.
- McNamara & Carver, P.A., a law firm specializing in corporate law, commercial real estate development, finance and leasing, is sponsoring a game table.
Eggstyles, the upscale restaurant chain is sponsoring the food for the event. The Sunscreen Film Festival supports local filmmaking as a cultural and economic asset.
For more information, or to purchase tickets in advance, contact [email protected] or by calling (727)-259-8417 .
About the Sunscreen Film Festival:
The Sunscreen Film Festival was founded by independent filmmakers Tony Armer and Derek Miner in 2005 to encourage the creation, production, and exhibition of independent film in Florida through educational programs and public screenings. Since its inception, the annual festival has grown into “one of the 25 coolest film festivals in the world”, according to MovieMaker Magazine, thanks to the laid-back feel, fresh program, dialogue driven educational classes, and celebrity attendees such as John Travolta, Patrick Wilson, Billy Dee Williams, and X-Men Producer Ralph Winter. The Sunscreen Film Festival is hosted by the St. Petersburg-Clearwater Film Society, a Florida not for profit corporation.