Novus Medical Detox Center offers uniquely tailored, natural drug and alcohol detox programs in a safe, stress-free environment with caring, compassionate, and experienced staff. Unsupervised withdrawal is often painful and dangerous and has a high failure rate. But at Novus, patients often detox in less than a week and frequently leave in better health than when they first arrived.
While They Faced Challenges…
Novus had been in business for seven years, but they were still having trouble being recognized within their industry. They weren’t able to differentiate themselves from their competitors, despite being a truly innovative practice seeing phenomenal success and spending thousands of dollars on traditional and search engine marketing.
Novus needed to ramp up their income in order to expand their facility to 30 beds and eventually add more facilities. To hit this target, they needed to do more than rely on their current marketing plan.
…There Were Solutions…
They decided to hire JoTo PR Disruptors to create a publicity and public relations communications strategy that would take them to the next level. It needed to do three things:
- Have the rehabilitation industry take notice and recognize them as a valid source for referrals.
- Use third-party credibility via the press in order to post on their facility as an innovative expert in detox technology.
- Have those looking for medical detox feel more comfortable doing business with Novus.
- 3-Year Growth: 97%
- Revenue: $4.7 million
- Jobs Added: 26
- In 15 months’ time, JoTo PR Disruptors obtained nearly 750,000 media impressions for Novus online.
- In addition, JoTo PR Disruptors secured 30 media placements (e.g. TV news segments. print articles, radio interviews) for Novus in such publications/shows as the Tampa Business Journal, Gulf Coast Business Review, Miami Herald, Bay News 9, Channel 10 WTSP, and other industry outlets.
- Through JoTo PR Disruptors’ strategic communications plan, Novus realized an 18% higher ROI from their marketing dollars (including SEO).
- The number of visitors to their website grew by 100% (4,000 to 8,000 per week).
- They doubled the number of beds, achieving one of their major goals.
- Their facilities expanded to a second, separate location and there are plans for several more.
- They emerged as a leading voice in their industry for best-practice medical detoxification.
- They made key referral alliances in the rehabilitation industry, which flanks Novus’s stabilization services. They not only gained more patients but also now refer them to other trusted partners for continued care while on the road to recovery.
- They moved into the national spotlight via media outlets including CNN, Healthline, HR Magazine, Workforce, Sirius XM’s Wharton College School of Business Radio and more, educating millions of people about the unfair stigma and changing face of drug detoxification.
The Novus contribution to legislative reform, the community, and the healthcare industry has raised awareness of the real face of prescription drug abuse, promoted the best-practices approach to drug withdrawal, and showed where and how healthcare standards need to be tightened.
Novus continues to cast a strong spotlight on the “silent epidemic” of alcohol and prescription drug abuse that reaches all social strata. Their full-blown media exposure of this deadly issue has put Novus “on the map” as a respected voice of the detox industry and a trusted solution for those who want to move through withdrawal and get their lives back.
The only new variable? JoTo PR Disruptors.
…and Novus Responded!
“I don’t know what I would do without JoTo PR. Before we started doing press releases and social media we had about 4,000 site visits a week… and within a year, despite all the Google algorithm changes that have affected many people, we have gone from 4,000 visits per week to 8,000 visits per week.
“I attribute that directly to the press releases, social media and building our brand because the direct visits have done up as well. It’s not just that I have raised in the search engine results, but it’s that people KNOW who I am and are looking for me… and finding me.
“That’s where the hidden value of PR is – there is no way to quantify the people that would never have known [Novus] without getting that message out, but I can tell you there wasn’t anything else we changed and those direct visits to the site more than doubled in a year’s time. Now we are able to expand like we want to.” ~B. Wesch, CFO, Novus Medical