Payscout is a new generation provider of global merchant payment services, specializing in online/eCommerce retailers, with a predominant proportion of card-not-present transactions.They are one of only a few companies with a truly global payment solution, aptly referred to as the Go Global NowSM platform, with tier-one bank sponsorships in the United States, Latin America, Caribbean, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. Payscout was recognized as one of the fastest-growing privately held companies, ranking on the Inc. 5000 list two years in a row.
Payscout was the best-kept secret in the payment processing industry. They knew it would be vital to establish a global brand identity and create a recognized name both within their own industry and across emerging merchant markets around the world. They needed expert guidance on how to achieve this recognition in an aggressive market with newly emerging business models and complex technologies breaking out every six months. In addition, they wanted to tap into the youngest, most rapidly growing, yet wary entrepreneurial segment – millennials.
They are innovators at the core with several key differentiators:
- Highly experienced in managed risk and card-not-present payment processing;
- A global approach to payment processing solutions that enables enterprise-level corporations and small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) to enter global markets beyond their own footprint in as early as one week with a turnkey approach in more than 100 countries (generally a long, expensive and involved process).
- Payscout’s mission and operational model are to “Support the entrepreneurial dream one transaction at a time.” This outward focus makes it possible for Payscout to provide SMBs and large companies alike with the solutions and expert guidance to ensure they can grow their business instead of the machinery.
- Revenue and Company 3-Year Growth: 1,078%
- Revenue: $5.7 M
- Jobs Added: 21
Media Exposure Metrics:
The Payscout campaign earned an average of 2 media placements (articles, interviews, TV/radio segments) annually each year of their PR campaign.
This equated to an exposure aggregate of 77,184,349 unique views to their publicity. Per industry standard, the typical aggregate a company can expect is 2.5%, or 2,161,162 people, that have seen, listened to, or read the publicized news.
JoTo PR Disruptors designed a relentless campaign of media exposure that consistently placed Payscout in media sources critical for recognition. With a concerted team effort that flanked Payscout’s sound strategic business plan, Payscout was able to sign large clients and expand faster with constant third-party credibility. As their brand recognition grew in the industry, they repeatedly hit the Inc. 5000 list, landing in the top 500 of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America.
Payscout CEO and Co-Founder, Cleveland Brown, notes that the attention generated by Payscout’s repeated appearances in the Inc. 5000 listing created a number of high-profile speaking opportunities, as well as media attention such as inclusion in a Forbes special supplement on international entrepreneurialism. Other opportunities realized through publicity efforts were:
- A new partnership with Alibaba, China’s leading eCommerce company and one of the largest companies in the world (yearly sales of $326 billion).
- Provision of global payment logistics for Tmall, an online market leader in China, with over 180 million shoppers and a 56.7% market share.
- Ranked #434 by Inc. magazine on the list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., a jump of nearly 2,000 from the year before.
- #1 placement on the 2015 San Fernando Valley Business Journal’s list of fastest-growing private companies and a #2 ranking for companies headquartered in all of Los Angeles County by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- CEO Cleveland Brown was asked to join a select group of payments
- industry leaders at the high-profile ETA.
- Payments Fly-In on Capitol Hill and has been invited to chair a prestigious ETA industry committee.
700 new domestic merchant accounts and 300 new international merchant accounts (250% year -to-year growth).